Located in Southern Tanzania, Selous Game Reserve covers 50,000 km2, estimated to be almost as thrice as the Serengeti National Park. Selous Game Reserve is home to significant concentrations of Giraffe, Rhinos, wild dogs and Cheetah, together with these animals it is one of the best reserves to spot the “Big Five” animals and birds too. Over 400 species of birds have been spotted in the park.
Little do people know about this beautiful sleeping giant in the Southern Part of Tanzania. Since you are reading this, you will have a chance to learn a few new things about the Selous Game reserve.
1. It is among the largest faunal parks in the World.
Due to its wildlife diversity and untouched nature, various animals have inhabited the park. Such animals being, Zebras, wild dogs, Hippos, Crocodiles, Giraffes, Lions, Elephants and so much more. Permanent human inhabitation is restricted within the park also all human entry and exit are controlled by the Tourism & Wildlife division. Also, this is the only park that you may combine land and river safaris. River Rufiji runs through the park allowing enormous game sightings either from land/water.
2. Selous Game Reserve is said to have the largest Crocodiles in East Africa and it also homes to a large concentration of the endangered African wild dogs.
3. Over 400 bird species can be spotted in the park. Due to its well-preserved nature of the Selous Game Reserve, it is home to various birds and can be spotted easily too.
4. All accommodation levels are available in the park. From Luxurious to Mid-range to Budget Camps. With all these accommodation levels in the Selous Game Reserve, a visitor may have the best of value with a great enjoyment assured.
5. Selous Game Reserve is one of the least visited parks in Tanzania. Not because it is not attractive, but because most visitors have not been introduced. With this in mind, the Selous also offers high chances to spot the Big Five animals due to its preserved nature and less frequent visits, the animals tend to be easily spotted. In addition to this, the Selous inhabits the largest population of Buffalos in Africa
6. It offers a wide range of activities to do in the park. Such as the unique boat safari, walking Safaris, Game drives, Cultural tours and so much more. Hence quenching the visitor’s thirst for an adventure.
For more information, please drop us an enquiry.